Your Career with Reds10: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Reds10 is an award-winning, off-site construction specialist, providing clients with a full turnkey service to design, finance, build, equip, fit out, operate and hire modular buildings. We exist to help equip society to LIVE, LEARN and THRIVE in AMAZING SPACES.
Led by an experienced management team, Reds10 prioritises customer experience, building performance and design quality. Pushing the architectural boundaries, we are challenging the 'one size fits all' perception of modular construction and instead creating amazing buildings with high architectural integrity in partnership with architectural practices.
Our passion to deliver great experiences for our clients and their customers and to change and drive our industry forward is what brings us together.
As part of Team Reds10, you can have the autonomy to take your career in whichever direction you choose alongside fantastic colleagues who will support you along the way.
We are looking for a driven, friendly and adaptable Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the commercial team at our London headquarters.
In this role, you will assist a project(s), ensuring all commercial aspects and requirements are managed and reported on in an effective way to ensure projects are running effectively and in line with the commercial strategy.
You will manage the project supply chain and directly report to the Commercial Sector Lead on all commercial activities. You will ensure the project(s) has the right resources and support to ensure it achieves objectives of being on time, on budget, to the required quality and Health and Safety standards.
- Support senior management in overseeing project costs, commercial and supply chain activities, ensuring projects are delivered within budget and cost, commercial and supply chain performance is regularly and accurately reported.
- Support process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the project’s cost, commercial and supply chain activities.
- Maintain and support project cost estimating, forecasting and control systems across all project stages that ensure high quality data and effective control as the basis for decision making and action.
- Aid project cost, commercial and supply chain strategy and ensure project specific strategies are pro-actively managed.
- Support senior management in identifying and mitigating project risks.
- Maintain standard contract documentation, including definition of Reds10 requirements on Health & Safety, Environment, Carbon and Social Value etc and ensure that this is in place for all packages on all projects.
- Support relationships with clients, suppliers, and other stakeholders to ensure the company's commercial success.
Skills & Experience
- An analytical in nature, passion for problem-solving and excellence
- Highly competent in production planning and control
- Calm, considered and rational under pressure.
- Proven ability to review and improve processes and procedures, looking for innovative and creative solutions.
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships and build trust with all levels of team internally and external.
- A straightforward approach, able to express information clearly and concisely.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to research and an aptitude for helping other people and posses a goal-oriented mindset and good organisational skills.
- Great attention to detail, numerically literate and able to multi-task.
What can you expect from us?
From the date of joining;
- Life Assurance – 4 x salary
- Competitive salary, with regular performance reviews
- 25 days Holiday (pro-rata)
- Full access to our internal and external training and development
- Monthly Team Socials
- The business get togethers for social events such as cricket/boxing/rally car racing
- Team Events – 2 business events happen per year, one in the Summer and another at Christmas
- Volunteering Days – 1 day per year per employee are dedicated to Charity work
- Apprenticeship / University Fees
After successful completion of probation;
- Enhanced Pension Contributions
- Private Medical with BUPA.
- Medical CashPlan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional Fees reimbursement
- Company sick pay scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay (once eligible)
Our people lead the innovations and deliver the solutions that help everyone live, learn, and thrive in amazing spaces.
Our aim is to create an inspiring, safe, and inclusive environment where all our people can live, learn, and thrive. Our guiding principles establish the ambitions and beliefs that steer how we will live our purpose and are the foundation of our commitment to each other.
If you share our ambitions and beliefs, help us to live them and fundamentally change the way spaces are designed, funded, built, and operated!
129-131 The Metal Box Factory
30 Great Guildford Street