Your Career with Reds10: Superstructure Designer
Are you an Superstructure Designer looking to make a difference in the dynamic field of offsite construction?
We are an award-winning vertically integrated Offsite Construction specialist and an innovative force in the construction industry, driven by our purpose to help everyone live, learn, and thrive in amazing spaces. This goes beyond mere projects; we're passionate about creating positive impacts for our people, our business, our clients, their customers, and the communities where we live and work.
As a part of our vibrant culture, we encourage our people to be ‘Straightforward’, conveying information clearly and concisely. We value ‘Personable’ individuals who can build trust at all levels internally and externally. Our team is ‘Agile’, capable of swift problem-solving and innovation. We are ‘Restless’, continuously seeking improvement and development. And above all, we are ‘SMART’, goal-oriented and capable of multi-tasking efficiently. If these values resonate with you, we'd love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Superstructure Designer to join our design team here at Reds10! As a Superstructure Designer, you will play a critical role in our end-to-end design and build company by being responsible for designing and detailing steel structures along with the rest of the superstructure team. You will also work with architects, structural engineers and the construction teams to ensure the designs are created and issued on time to meet the project requirements and standards.
This role will be based in Driffield.
- Design and detail steel structures in accordance with project requirements and standards.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and construction teams to ensure that designs meet project requirements and standards.
- Provide technical support and assistance to project teams on steelwork design and detailing.
- Review and approve shop drawings and fabrication details.
- Ensure that designs comply with relevant building codes, standards, and regulations.
- Maintain accurate project documentation.
- Helping to train and pass on knowledge to the graduate superstructure designers.
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships and build trust with all levels of a team, both internally and externally
- A straightforward approach, able to express information clearly and concisely
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to research and an aptitude for helping other people
- Willingness to tackle challenges to solve problems
- Great attention to detail, numerically literate and able to multi-task
- The ability to understand and apply feedback on work performance
- Willingness to learn steelwork design software, such as Tekla Structures and or Revit
- Willingness to learn steelwork design and detailing and construction regulations
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work collaboratively with architects, engineers, and construction teams
What can you expect from us?
From the date of joining;
- Life Assurance – 4 x salary
- Competitive salary, with regular performance reviews
- 25 days Holiday (pro-rata)
- Full access to our internal and external training and development
- Monthly Team Socials
- The business get togethers for social events such as cricket/boxing/rally car racing
- Team Events – 2 business events happen per year, one in the Summer and another at Christmas
- Volunteering Days – 1 day per year per employee are dedicated to Charity work
- Apprenticeship / University Fees
After successful completion of probation;
- Enhanced Pension Contributions
- Private Medical with BUPA.
- Medical CashPlan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional Fees reimbursement
- Company sick pay scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay (once eligible)
Driffield Business Park
We eagerly await the chance to review your application and discuss how you can contribute to our team.
Reds10 is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join Reds10 today and unleash your potential!