Your Career with Reds10: Health & Safety Advisor
Reds10 is an award-winning, off-site construction specialist, providing clients with a full turnkey service to design, finance, build, equip, fit out, operate and hire modular buildings. We exist to help equip society to LIVE, LEARN and THRIVE in AMAZING SPACES.
Led by an experienced management team, Reds10 prioritises customer experience, building performance and design quality. Pushing the architectural boundaries, we are challenging the 'one size fits all' perception of modular construction and instead creating amazing buildings with high architectural integrity in partnership with architectural practices.
Our passion to deliver great experiences for our clients and their customers and to change and drive our industry forward is what brings us together.
As part of Team Reds10, you can have the autonomy to take your career in whichever direction you choose alongside fantastic colleagues who will support you along the way.
We are seeking a highly personable, organised, and proactive Health and Safety Advisor to join the Health and Safety team on our busy Ministry of Justice sector.
As a key member of the team, you will support and promote the improvement of the company’s safety and environmental culture, policies, procedures, systems, and practises. As well as ensuring the company is compliant with all relevant safety and environmental regulations, drive a proactive behavioural led safety culture and provide a safe and healthy working environment for all employees.
This is a roaming position, and you will be required to be visit sites on a daily basis with regular weekly / bi-weekly catch ups with our HSE Lead.
- Carry out risk assessments and develop Safe Systems of work, advising managers and leaders and ensuring that they are implemented.
- Undertake effective and timely accident and incident investigation and reporting.
- Assurance of compliance in production, delivery and operational practices with relevant Health, Safety, Environmental and wellbeing (HSEW) standards, policies, procedures, processes, systems, and regulations.
- Maintaining records about health and safety as well as inductions.
- Ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and used correctly and safely, identifying potential hazards and ensure managers and leaders are aware of them and mitigating them.
- Ensuring the well fare of all staff and visitors.
- Engage and liaise with suppliers and sub-contractors to share the best practices of their HSEW policies, procedures, and ways of working.
- Perform regular H&S audits with site and office teams.
- Liaise with external health and safety representatives, authorities, and trade unions. Keeping up to date with health and safety legislation.
Key skills & qualifications
- A minimum of a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) and NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Pragmatic approach to application of HSEW regulations, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Patient, calm, clear and firm.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to present to an audience.
- Meticulous record keeping skills.
- Approachable and personable.
- A hunger and drive for continuous improvement
- Proficiency in use of Autodesk technologies and MS office suite.
What can you expect from us?
From the date of joining;
- Car Allowance
- Life Assurance – 4 x salary
- Competitive salary, with regular performance reviews
- 25 days Holiday (pro-rata)
- Full access to our internal and external training and development
- Monthly Team Socials
- The business get togethers for social events such as cricket/boxing/rally car racing
- Team Events – 2 business events happen per year, one in the Summer and another at Christmas
- Volunteering Days – 1 day per year per employee are dedicated to Charity work
- Apprenticeship / University Fees
After successful completion of probation;
- Enhanced Pension Contributions
- Private Medical with BUPA.
- Medical CashPlan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional Fees reimbursement
- Company sick pay scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay (once eligible)
129-131 The Metal Box Factory
30 Great Guildford Street
Our people lead the innovations and deliver the solutions that help everyone live, learn, and thrive in amazing spaces.
Our aim is to create an inspiring, safe, and inclusive environment where all our people can live, learn, and thrive. Our guiding principles establish the ambitions and beliefs that steer how we will live our purpose and are the foundation of our commitment to each other.
If you share our ambitions and beliefs, help us to live them and fundamentally change the way spaces are designed, funded, built, and operated!