Your Career with Reds10: Health, Safety and Environment Leader
Reds10 is an award-winning, dynamic, agile and growing offsite construction company that is ‘born digital’. Our purpose is to equip all society to live, learn and thrive in amazing spaces. Currently celebrating our 15th year, we provide clients with a full turnkey service to design, finance, build, equip, operate and hire amazing spaces in the education, healthcare, residential, defence and leisure sectors. Our focus on customer experience and building performance means that we provide better, faster and more affordable solutions with less carbon.
We are looking to hire a Health, Safety and Environment Leader to work with our leadership team to drive our health and safety performance.
The role will cover operations both on site and in our offices in Wimbledon and Slough, and will have oversight of operations at our factory in East Yorkshire through our existing H&S Manager.
You will be an engaging and inspiring leader, equally happy getting involved in operations and driving strategy. This role can be based out of either our Wimbledon or Slough offices and will require regular travel to our sites (currently primarily located in the South of England) and to our factory.
- Engaging across the organisation from the senior management to the shop floor to embed Health, Safety and Environmental best practice
- Leading the development and delivery of a best practice Health, Safety and Environmental function, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the team and operations
- Working with leadership to develop and reinforce a behaviour led health and safety culture
- Driving ISO14001 compliance across our offices, factory and sites
- Lead on new operational initiatives, specifically around the implementation of new management systems and processes
- Conduct site visits and audits, constantly identifying for opportunities to drive improvements
- Continually developing and reviewing the Health, Safety and Environmental management systems in line with industry best practice
- Managing a regular audit and reporting program and communicating performance across the company. Accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Ensuring consistent processes are in place for the management of people and assets across the organisation, to ensure regulatory compliance and reduction of risk
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation and ensuring the organisation remains compliant
- Developing and establishing key relationships with the Directors of relevant departments and other key stakeholders across the organisation
- Providing timely reporting of all Health, Safety and Environmental activity to senior management as required
- Developing and delivering appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental training
- Owning and delivering Reds10’s Carbon Reduction Plan
Skills & Experience
- Ideally a NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma or NVQ 5 (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- Proven experience in a similar leadership role within construction or civil engineering, with Principal Contractor experience
- A solid understanding of CDM regulations would be advantageous
- Understanding of ISO14001 requirements
- Experience in implementing robust H&S management systems and procedures
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance, and regulations
- A proven track record of improving performance
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The Old Church
89b Quicks Road