Your Career with Reds10: Commissioning Engineer
Reds10 is an award-winning, dynamic, agile and growing offsite construction company that is ‘born digital’. We exist to ‘help everyone live learn and thrive in amazing spaces’. We are changing the game in our industry and are the future of how spaces are funded, designed, delivered and operated to better meet customer needs. Our mission is to deliver amazing spaces with 100% productivity. We are at the leading edge of building technology, striving to ensure our buildings can be operated at zero carbon.
We are looking to hire a Commissioning Engineer to apply their knowledge of building automation in new ways to help change the game in the design, construction, operation and finance of buildings and enhance their career.
You will lead the design, implementation, programming, commissioning, and maintenance of our SMART building automation system in our projects across the UK and support the development of its cognitive zero carbon building management system and technology products and services.
- Scope and oversee the design of building automation systems;
- Review design documents, drawings and specifications, building controls system sequences and equipment submittals;
- Start up, install, test, and commission building automation systems;
- Co-ordinate installers, sub-contractors, and stakeholders to ensure projects meet client requirement for the monitoring, alerting and control of buildings, are completed on time, on budget and in accordance with relevant standards;
- Programming and commissioning of building automation software and hardware;
- Oversee successful commissioning of Reds10 buildings by M&E sub-contractors, holding them to account for their delivery;
- Generating pre-functional checklists and performing pre-functional checks of installed equipment;
- Authorising, checking and recording all test data;
- Performing point-to-point and calibration checks on equipment;
- Train customers and building users in the use of building automation systems and complete project commissioning documentation.
- Set up and ensure compliance with appropriate QA systems and ensure documentation is completed;
- Reviewing system controls sequences and participating in meetings to clarify and improve them;
- Produce technical documentation such as input to into installation, maintenance, operation & control procedures, lifetime quality records;
- Coordinate commissioning activities into a master schedule;
- Support data analytics team to surface accurate and meaningful building and system data and provide insights on building use to inform low carbon operation of buildings;
- Work with software developers to inform the functionality and performance of new building analytics, operating systems and software;
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing building automation systems;
- Perform and collaborate with hands-on troubleshooting of MEP and building automation systems.
Skills & Experience
- You’ll be knowledgeable, ambitious and driven.
- You’ll ideally possess at least an HNC/HND in Building Services, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- You will have a proven track record of testing and commissioning dual discipline (mechanical and electrical) systems and plant. You’ll also have extensive experience in scoping and commissioning building automation systems, including design, controls systems integration and implementation,
- You’ll be a high level engineer with experience of KNX and full integration of M-Bus, Modbus, BACnet protocols.
- You will be proficient in writing ETS code.
- Experience composing your own software strategies and graphics engineering is preferable.
- You will have strong technical documentation authoring and checking skills and experience
- You’ll have great interpersonal and communication skills and be self-motivated with the ability to manage others and deliver to deadlines.
- You’ll have a professional manner and be dedicated to meeting customer expectations.
- Like us you will be straight forward, personable, agile, restless for change and SMART.
- You will hold a valid UK driving licence.
129-131 The Metal Box Factory
30 Great Guildford Street