Your Career with Reds10: Quantity Surveyor
Reds10 is an award-winning, off-site construction specialist, providing clients with a full turnkey service to design, finance, build, equip, fit out, operate and hire modular buildings. We exist to help equip society to LIVE, LEARN and THRIVE in AMAZING SPACES.
Led by an experienced management team, Reds10 prioritises customer experience, building performance and design quality. Pushing the architectural boundaries, we are challenging the 'one size fits all' perception of modular construction and instead creating amazing buildings with high architectural integrity in partnership with architectural practices.
Our passion to deliver great experiences for our clients and their customers and to change and drive our industry forward is what brings us together.
As part of Team Reds10, you can have the autonomy to take your career in whichever direction you choose alongside fantastic colleagues who will support you along the way.
We are looking for a personable, outgoing and hardworking Quantity Surveyor to join our commercial team at our London headquarters!
As a key member of the team, you will ensure the highest Health and Safety standards in day-to-day activities and exercise the ‘stop work’ authority where safety standards are compromised. In this role, you will have full oversight of a project or multiple projects, ensuring all commercial aspects and requirements are managed and reported on in an effective way to ensure projects are running effectively and in line with the commercial strategy.
You will manage the project supply chain and directly report to the Commercial Sector Lead on all commercial activities and ensure all relevant projects have the right resources and support to ensure they achieve their objectives of being on time, on budget, to the required quality and Health and Safety standards.
- Set up, maintain and report on project-wide commercial risk/ opportunity registers and ensure that risk/ opportunity registers are in place and pro-actively managed on relevant projects.
- Aid and implement project cost, commercial and supply chain strategy and ensure project specific strategies are pro-actively managed.
- Oversee the project costs, commercial and supply chain activities, ensuring projects are delivered within budget and cost, commercial and supply chain performance is regularly and accurately reported.
- Ensure clear and accurate scopes and budgets are in place for all works packages (internal and external) and ensure effective change control against these.
- Develop and maintain standard contract documentation, including definition of Reds10 requirements on Health & Safety, Environment, Carbon and Social Value etc and ensure that this is in place for all packages on all projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, suppliers, and other stakeholders to ensure the company's commercial success.
- Support the Commercial Sector Lead with the negotiation of sector commercial agreements and contracts with clients and suppliers.
- Maintain and support project cost estimating, forecasting and control systems across all project stages that ensure high quality data and effective control as the basis for decision making and action.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent people management skills with track record of being able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships and build trust with all levels of team internally and externally.
- An analytical nature, passion for problem solving and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with other directors to achieve shared outcomes and objectives.
- Proven ability to review and improve processes and procedures, looking for innovative and creative solutions.
- Highly competent in production planning and control.
- Great attention to detail, numerically literate and able to multitask as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Calm, considered and rational under pressure.
What can you expect from us?
From the date of joining;
- Life Assurance – 4 x salary
- Competitive salary, with regular performance reviews
- 25 days Holiday (pro-rata)
- Full access to our internal and external training and development
- Monthly Team Socials
- The business get togethers for social events such as cricket/boxing/rally car racing
- Team Events – 2 business events happen per year, one in the Summer and another at Christmas
- Volunteering Days – 1 day per year per employee are dedicated to Charity work
- Apprenticeship / University Fees
After successful completion of probation;
- Enhanced Pension Contributions
- Private Medical with BUPA.
- Medical CashPlan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional Fees reimbursement
- Company sick pay scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay (once eligible)
129-131 The Metal Box Factory
30 Great Guildford Street
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Our people lead the innovations and deliver the solutions that help everyone live, learn, and thrive in amazing spaces.
Our aim is to create an inspiring, safe, and inclusive environment where all our people can live, learn, and thrive. Our guiding principles establish the ambitions and beliefs that steer how we will live our purpose and are the foundation of our commitment to each other.
If you are a quantity surveyor and you share our ambitions and beliefs, help us to live them and fundamentally change the way spaces are designed, funded, built, and operated!